Saturday 2 July 2016

POETRY CORNER: I'd die happy with you.


This poem was written after my first date with my fiancĂ©, nearly three years ago. He had just dropped me home, and I was giddy with feelings, I had to write something down; and this is what was created. 

We stopped at a red light and I wanted to kiss you.
The raindrops raced down the window screen
And I could hear my heart beat.
I got a funny feeling in my stomach when the light turned to amber
And by the time it was green,
I had forgotten who I was
Just that I was happy.

We stopped at a red light and I wanted to kiss you.
The raindrops ran down the window screen
As your hand touched my knee.
I hoped you had the same feeling in your stomach when the light turned to amber
And when it changed to green
you drove a little faster.

We stopped at a red light and I wanted to kiss you.
The raindrops danced on the window screen
As you played the music louder.
You caught my eye as the light turned to amber
And by the time it turned to green
I knew If I died tonight,

I’d die happy with you.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Hello Alex Grace. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig